Monday, July 4, 2011

HCI NDP Rehearsals... (Term 3 Blog 2)

It's been a while since I last blogged due to the fact that I could not really get the motivation to start blogging again, unlike the previous term, when I blogged regularly every week. Anyway, I will be sharing about the Hwa Chong Institution School Based NDP rehearsals for now.
I has been more than a week since the last rehearsal for HCI's own NDP ended. I think you would have guessed by now, that I was a part of it, a small tiny factor of the entire parade. The main thing itself was only a short period of 30 minutes, but as the Chinese idiom goes, "抬上一分钟,台下十年功". This goes to show that no matter how short the parade was going to be, we had to put in great amounts of time and effort to perfect our performance before we displayed it in front of the whole school. There was a total of three rehearsals, adding up to a total of around ten hours, apart from the usual practices during our normal CCA time. All these for only half an hour on the actual day itself. During the rehearsals, strict teachers like Mr Tan Chee Wee, Mr Shaun Yong and more were there to supervise us, as well as our seniors from JC. They took time out of their busy schedule to ensure that the parade would be a success. On the first session of the rehearsal, they were quite disappointed with our substandard performance, and gave us a long long debrief, informing us about what we could improve on. On the second rehearsal, we made a huge improvement, a great leap from the first, impressing both almost all the supervising teachers. On the third and final one, doubtlessly, we got to the standard Mr Tan wanted us to be at.
After the third and final rehearsal, I was looking forward to the actual parade, since it would be a totally different experience, according to my senior. In fact, on the Sunday night right before the NDP itself, I could not sleep until 1am in the morning because of my brain working "overtime" to imagine what might happen the next day. Anyway, I woke up in the morning the day after, game to conquer the challenges ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment