Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Thunderstorm Today... (Blog post #8)

Today, at around 9:30 am, there was a thundercloud overhead Hwa Chong. The sky grew dimmer by the minute and fat drops of rain started to pelter onto the ground like teardrops, leaving puddles of a transparent liquid collected in the indents on the ground. We threaded to LT3 reluctantly to carry on with our IH lesson.
We arrived at our destination minutes later, at the almost deserted lecture theater. The room was humid and an aura of disappointment hung in the air. After it seemed like eternity, pupils from 2i1 began to flood into the theater. The atmosphere became less intense as noise started to build up, and conversations began popping out.
The lesson lasted an hour, but it seemed to be longer. The fact that it was monotonous contributed to it. As we sauntered back to class, the rain seemed to diminish, as if parallel to our mood. The next lesson was Chinese, and we were all grateful for the change. For a moment, I thought the reign of the terrible rain was over.
When I arrived at home, I stared in shock at the aftermath of the thunderstorm. My windows were wide open, and my pillow was entirely wet. My alarm clock survived narrowly due to the protection given by the gallant tissue box, which was completely drenched itself. My test paper sat solemnly on the desk, the long red marks on it soaked through the paper itself, leaving ugly scars in the process. The weather aptly described how I felt at that time......

2 comments:

  1. Nice symbol for your mood. Most people tend to use the weather as a representative for a character's feelings when writing. For example, sunny equals happy; rainy represents sad. Maybe a more interesting way can be used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your descriptions of the weather and your emotions. However, I don't see the point why you should feel sad and solemn when there was a rain. I thought it was simply the change in weather and there was no need to put all your emotions on it. I understand that the wind was billowing and the rain was splashing on us. I thought the rain was rather fun and cooling. :D Haha

    I pity you that your room has been 'attacked' by the heavy thunderstorm. I have experienced it before too and it really made a mess in my room. I wonder what impact the rain had made to your test paper. Has it washed all your terrible mistakes away, or has it thrown your short-lived happiness into a soggy mess? Whatever it had done, please remember that you cannot allow your feelings to be easily swayed by the weather. And whatever happens to you in future, you must remain strong and continue with life with an open heart. Because nothing has changed. The truth will never disappear.

    P.S. Whatever the rain has done to your test paper or you bedroom, everything still remains the same, don't they.

    ReplyDelete